FEDOHC Powered lotus 7 Discussion thread

Build threads and compulsory matching comments threads. All threads, in pairs, should be linked from the users sig so that replying is easy. Only the owner is allowed to post in their build thread, all others must post in the comments thread.

FEDOHC Powered lotus 7 Discussion thread

Postby 7dreamer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:15 am

Hey Fred hope this is how we are suppose to do our discussion threads.
I think there may be only 2 people crazy enough to be putting a fe3 in a lotus 7 on the planet and only one silly enough to be trying carbs and n/a.
there is one other guy in South Africa doing a similar thing but I cant find the thread again
Any info would be much appreciated.
I would happily swap my plenum for a set of vernier cams :lol:
7dreamer

Re: FEDOHC Powered lotus 7 Discussion thread

Postby Fred » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:56 pm

Yep, perfect, will have a read later and maybe say something too :-D
Fred

Postby Fred » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:47 am

You live in the land of Mr FreeEMS and won't man up and try it, tsk tsk. Cool build all the same :-) Even if the electronics are boring and low-quality.

Make sure you grab a pint with old Shadbolt for me some time :-D

Fred.
Fred

Postby 7dreamer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:57 am

I know its not that I don't want to its just that I'm more of a metal smith than techno wizz. I see graphs and words like interpolation and I'm taken back to a time in my life where perhaps I should have paid more attention.
Any way ill start with low-tech boring questionable quality electronics and perhaps when I under stand that I can begin to understand more of how to keep the magic smoke hidden.
As for Shadbolt ill have beer with him so long as his wifes there too. He's playing well outside his grade there.
7dreamer

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:56 am

ROFL! That's what you get when you're *awesome*, I guess :-)

Really, it's not so hard to put them together, maybe you could convince a certain dude in Christchurch to put one together for you. Southern men stick together, right? :-)

Fred.
Fred

Postby 7dreamer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:47 am

Sounds good. Ive got more plans at this stage for another engine set up that would fit better than the FE equally as rare in NZ and more expensive to make rwd but a more compact unit and I think it would be quite tasty with some itbs.
But for now I will pig headedly stick with wat I have invested in and see it thru I have chopped and changed too many times with this project as it is.
7dreamer

Postby Fred » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:11 pm

No such thing as a factory turbo engine. Tell us what your cams are and which manifold, and what the compression ratio is, and we can give you advice on OEM power, and mods needed to boost it.
Fred

Postby 7dreamer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 am

fe3 and fe5a cams hi comp engine from auto gver 4wd cappella. Ill take some photos of the intake and exhaust manifolds
7dreamer

Postby Fred » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:13 am

FE5A cams never came in Jap engines, and autos usually or always had FEAP cam on one side and FE3N on the other. No big deal, the rest of the guts is mostly the same. Only compression ratio and cams varied internally. Inlet design varied, and some cranks may be forged, but high horsepower is easy and reliable with the cast unit as it's not just cast iron, it's well stronger/tougher than that.
Fred

Postby 7dreamer » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah 5eap that's wat I meant to say. I don't want massive horse power 200 would be about right. I really want to stay n/a but if I went boosted I would probably go supercharged. Mainly because I'm a difficult prick haha
7dreamer

Next

Return to Build Threads