[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
FE-DOHC.org • View topic - Fedohc Powered Lotus 7

Fedohc Powered Lotus 7

Build threads and compulsory matching comments threads. All threads, in pairs, should be linked from the users sig so that replying is easy. Only the owner is allowed to post in their build thread, all others must post in the comments thread.

Fedohc Powered Lotus 7

Postby 7dreamer » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 am

So have just signed up to this forum to show the various uses of fedohc.
as It says in the title im building a lotus 7 replica powered by a mazda fe dohc driving to the rear wheels via a mazda b2000 gearbox and b2000/ford courier lsd diff. Im hoping to do a four stud conversion on the diff to take 4x114.3 alternatively I may one day win the lottery and find the series 2 rx7 axles that fit..
I pulled the engine from a GVER 4wd auto cappella. high compression alloy pan forged crank etc so my understanding is 150 hp
I had toyed with idea of fitting itbs from a gtir pulsar and running a (skip this bit fred) mega squirt.
The throttle bodies have made way now for impending arrival of /Yamaha r1 carbs and a megajolt.
the reason for the carbs/itbs is mostly to cut a bit more height off this massive engine and I really like the idea of quad carbs and extractors.
I would love to get 200 n/a hp but I realise there is a lot of work involved.

So rest of the car. Chassis is from the Locost plans front suspension is my own custom design using Vauxhall chevette/ holden Gemini front uprights. Its a box section space frame all chassis sections are 25x25 1.6 box. engine mounts are my own design the chassis came with the gear box everything else I have fabricated mostly myself.
the plan is to put it on the road so everything is really a bit beefed up to satisfy the hot rod certifiers.
here is a link to my build diary at http://www.lotus7.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=912.
and here is some pics http://7dreamer.imgur.com/all
7dreamer

Re: Fedohc Powered Lotus 7

Postby 7dreamer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:06 am

Removed the cam cover to see wat cams I have. and also the plenum this weekend to get ready for making the carb manifold.
So there is a FE5AP intake and FE3 exhaust. which cams would be best for N/A applications?
I am also contemplating filling the injector cut out with belzona to simplify the construction of the intake manifold,
The plenum is now for sale if any one is after one
7dreamer

Postby 7dreamer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:53 am

Carbs tomorrow stay tuned :D
7dreamer

Postby 7dreamer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 am

FeDohc +Yamaha R1 carbs. the path least(never maybe)travelled
stay tuned for sporadic updates in the coming days weeks months and years

7dreamer

Postby 7dreamer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:02 am

Pulled the exhaust mani off to make sure the gaskets I got were right before they get dropped into the water jet cutters and here are the numbers from behind the exhaust.
Can someone decode them and tell me if this a genuine factory turbo engine :lol:

7dreamer

Postby 7dreamer » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:04 am

So thus project has stalled some wat and in the interest of quick progression and doing some skids this summer I've decided to re install the factory ecu and intake etc. Problem is I've got spare plugs pretty sure the bug orange ones are in and out for the fuse box the others I have no idea. Any way here is link to a face book album. https://m.facebook.com/pete.jefcoate.7# ... 0_22&mdf=1.
Any help much appreciated.
7dreamer

Postby 7dreamer » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:54 am

Also looking for ecu pin out diagram for a FEFE ecu
7dreamer

Return to Build Threads