[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
FE-DOHC.org • View topic - Forged 16x8 BNR32 GTR Wheels

Forged 16x8 BNR32 GTR Wheels

RWD/FWD/4WD it takes all sorts!

Forged 16x8 BNR32 GTR Wheels

Postby Fred » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:44 am

For the purposes of this thread (and other future ones like it) I'm going to include tyres, wheels and other between engine and road driveline parts in "transmissions".

Here are a couple of low res pics of the new GTR wheels that I just nabbed for the ute, higher res pics will be posted once I pick them up!

Enjoy! :-)

Fred.
Fred

Re: Forged 16x8 BNR32 GTR Wheels

Postby Fred » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 am

Picked these up today! :-) They don't look as big as I thought they'd look. In other words, I think they'll fit OK :-)
Fred

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 am

Fred

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 am

R32 GTR rotors are 296x32 which would leave another 18 total, 9 per side, 32 per side total of clearance from rotor to wheel, depending on where on the wheel we're talking. This might be a good option combined with the S8 calipers which have a nice 160mm mounting spacing. Nissan sumitomo calipers along with the Nissan badging have a puny 100mm spacing on them. I'd like to see some calipers in person with a vernier and/or ruler before making a final call. I'd also like to spend some time pricing rotors of various sizes in order to get a feel for best value for money combo. Apparently DS3000 pads are available off the shelf for all of these 4 pot sumitomo calipers, which is nice.
Fred

Postby Fred » Sun May 11, 2014 1:15 am

According to the internet centre bore:

FC = 59.6
FD = 67.1
R32 = 66.1

This concurs with my findings today (guess, then measure as best I could). It also means I'll have to machine the GTR rims to use them on stock Mazda hubs, or machine the hubs to fit the GTR rims.

Rear brake rotors are 285x18 or a little more width. This is bigger than the stock fronts, which seems appropriate once I fit decent fronts to it. Even if I ditch the calipers and put different/better ones on, I can keep the drum hand brake, which is superior to disk handbrakes in every way.
Fred

Return to Transmissions