Mod options?

Whatever doesn't fit in the other sections!

Mod options?

Postby JLC » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 pm

hello all,
i haven't really heard anyone really discuss custom options, so here is my approach at it.. i want this thread to be about any and all mods out there that people have done.
feel free to post your build, or build options in here
ill start off with simple intake and exhaust questions (cheap and easy mods).

INTAKE
1) I noticed the throttle bodies on the SR20DET (individual/twin throttle bodies) the other day and was wondering if the porting and the ports themselves lined up with the FE head of course you would have to make an adapter plate to link the bolt patterns together and fuel rail would be another issue, but would it even be worth it to attempt?

2) What about a 1g 4G63 racing intake manifold? like if you go on ebay and type in 4G63 intake manifold the aftermarket types that come up in there? would that be possible if i were just to cut the flange it's self off and weld on an FE3 style flange?

EXHAUST
i have read somewhere either here or another site that the exhaust side of the 1g 4G63 DSM manifold fits the FE but has to have a different flange (FE3 flange) put onto it. is this true?

thank you for reading. any and all input is appreciated
thanks
Jessie
JLC

Re: Mod options?

Postby Fred » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:00 am

ITBs make less power than big singles. ITB sr20dets only came on gtir pulsars and aren't that common. Whether they line up or not, who knows, it wont be exact, though.

4g63 stuff wont be exact either. You could probably adapt most 4 banger manifolds onto an fe3, or you could just make your own.

Fred.
Fred

Re: Mod options?

Postby JLC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 am

ok thanks fred
JLC

Return to General