[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
FE-DOHC.org • View topic - 1989 Ford Telstar TX5

1989 Ford Telstar TX5

Build threads and compulsory matching comments threads. All threads, in pairs, should be linked from the users sig so that replying is easy. Only the owner is allowed to post in their build thread, all others must post in the comments thread.

1989 Ford Telstar TX5

Postby FE3TX5 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:23 pm

So where to begin. I guess about late 1989 or 90, cos that was when I first saw a brand new white and grey 2 tone TX5. It had the Ghia badges and the 2.0i dohc badges on the guards. Back then I didn't know quite what that meant, but I remember thinking that it was a damn good looking car and I wanted one some day. Some of my other school friends had a 626 and I can remember thinking it felt nice and smooth on the road.

17 years later in 2006, I ended up going for a drive in a black and gray 2 tone TX5. Faded paint, stone chips, missing badges, 229,000 km. But it seemed to move. Damn it drove well for an old car. 155 km/h in 3rd gear! I ended up buying it. Then I baked it cos the temp gauge didn't work and a heater hose ruptured. Considered for all of 5 seconds about scrapping it, but then remembered about driving it. So I got it fixed, new head, gasket etc. Was good for a few years, decided to turbo it but never did.

Got a replacement engine from an MX6 which is still in it now. Has the typical clicky lifters, which I want/need to fix but dear not to because I want to grind the cams up to around 276 degrees, dial them in (adj cam gears) And end up going nuts and rebuilding the whole engine. Since I have bored everyone stupid, onto some pics.....
2243704_22_full.jpg
2243704_22_full.jpg (94.5 KiB) Viewed 5172 times

Stock as a rock when I first got it, early 2006
2243704_12_full.jpg
2243704_12_full.jpg (81.53 KiB) Viewed 5172 times

this didn't last long. Resprayed it, lowered it, kitted it, well pretty much changed almost every nut and bolt.
FE3TX5

Re: 1989 Ford Telstar TX5

Postby Fred » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Neat, still around/doing stuff with it? Update? :-)
Fred

Return to Build Threads