[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
FE-DOHC.org • View topic - Mazda B2000 FE DOHC Turbo Build

Mazda B2000 FE DOHC Turbo Build

Mazda B2000, B2200, B2600 and Ford Courier, all years, how to make a truck really move and really smooth.

Mazda B2000 FE DOHC Turbo Build

Postby nikhoy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:02 am

Hey Guys,

Just joined up here and thought I'd start a build thread for my 86 B2000 Ute. Currently it has the standard FE SOHC motor and box but I have recently bought a FE DOHC Motor to swap into it and turbo. Engine hasn't even landed here yet so I'm still in the planning/learning stages.

I will use the standard ute clutch, gearbox and flywheel? (the flywheel will fit the mazda FE DOHC but not the Kia motor right?? 6bolt - 8bolt?). I will lose the dizzy to avoid hacking my firewall and run a megasquirt 2 or something similar with a wasted spark setup. I will be making an intake with 90mm throttlebody, 440cc supra injectors and custom fuel rail. Prob squeeze a surge tank in there. hopefully I can find an exhaust manifold modded for turbo and I'm thinking a T3 with external wastegate. Relatively low boost.

Any advice, opinions and comment are encouraged as I've never dealt with this engine before, In fact I didn't even know the Fe Dohc existed until after buying the ute! Also If anyone has any parts that might be useful in the build let me know! (Manifolds, injectors (I know the supra 440cc is a popular FE3 choice) etc).

Will try to keep updated as I go along
nikhoy

Re: Mazda B2000 FE DOHC Turbo Build

Postby nikhoy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:12 am

Here a couple of pics of the ute, not what you were expecting I bet! Sorry I dont have any pics of the engine bay :/. They'll come.

I should also add that I'm not trying to create a drag truck here as I'm not prepared to open the engine up at the moment, just a quick ute :)

nikhoy

Postby Fred » Sun May 11, 2014 10:31 am

A fellow Kiwi! :-) I just got my somewhat infamous ute out of storage yesterday! I was moving it around on the starter today and it's tucked up safe 'n' sound under a roof now looking mean but feeling dejected with only three rods still inside.

I see that you're likely in or near Christchurch, is that accurate?

My new engine is a stock 10:1 FE-DOHC and I intend to run it on 98RON pump gas and get a softer 12psi wastegate spring. You could run it on Mega$quirt, or you could try your luck with :-) If you ARE in Christchurch there is a guy down there who's been following the project for years who could probably lend a hand ECU wise.

If you want a mild stock engine build, get a TD05HR16G from an Evo and build a manifold for it. Run 12psi on 98ron and be happy :-) That should net around 300hp at the crank if done right, maybe more.

Looking forward to more pics once you make more progress!

Fred.
Fred

Postby nikhoy » Tue May 20, 2014 10:26 am

Yes I am in Christchurch!!

Not sure im tech savy enough for FreeEMS, who is the guy down here?

I'd be thrilled with 300hp :P. Still working my way through a couple of things in my head but making steady progress. (still cant tear my ute down for another two weeks though! frustrating!)

Have found a Turbo manifold made for a B2000 with a T3 flange and external wastegate so I'm trying to track down a suitable turbo... I was looking at those TD05's...Also have an intake manifold on the way in the post so I'm off down to APCO for a gasket set this week.

My main concerns at the moment are modifying a distributor to be a cam position sensor that doesn't require the firewall to be touched and tracking down the kia sportage ignition (coil packs, leads etc) for the wasted spark. Do you know if the exhaust Camshafts are the same between the mazda and the kia motors? (Aside from the notched end of the mazda for the dizzy, and the keyed end for the CAS on the kia)

Am I right in thinking I need the SOHC sump in order the clear the crossmember?? the buldge is on the opposite end... Also been told I need to cut the oil cooler down or something (possibly to allow for the sump swap?)

Il put some more pics up in the coming weeks.
nikhoy

Postby Fred » Thu May 29, 2014 5:34 am

Fred

Postby nikhoy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:45 am

So its been a while now haha...sat for a while while I played with other things, but I am getting closer! Just got to decide what injectors to use, finish the cooling piping and get an ecu sorted. Pretty close, will post a full write up when its done!! Heres some pictures so far...
nikhoy

Postby Fred » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:48 am

No pictures showed up, that I could see.

As for injectors, get the ones with the best data. Either OEMs with known tunes available to look at, or from a supplier that can provide a full data set. Without this data, no matter which ECU you use, your tune will always suck.

Fred.
Fred

Return to B-Series Utes