what do ya think?

Mazda B2000, B2200, B2600 and Ford Courier, all years, how to make a truck really move and really smooth.

what do ya think?

Postby hillbilly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:36 pm

I have a friend that works at a junkyard. They got a '92 ford capri with a turbo charger on it, he thought it might be a mazda motor so he called me. Its a B6T.The car was rolled!! They have not tryed to start it yet. I can get the whole thing for 2 parts trucks. What do yall think about it? They could crush it so I gotta let him know soon!! BTW the parts trucks have NO motor or trans one has no side windows. Also, if I do this. Im sure the B's will be crushed

I will be trying to put the motor in a B. I know ill need a bellhousing. Thanks for any help.
hillbilly

Re: what do ya think?

Postby Fred » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:34 am

A b6t in a b ute will be a bit on the torqueless side, till it spools, and even then it'll be pretty stressed. I'd swap a bpt into a truck, if i couldnt get a cheap fe3, but a b6t is on the small side IMO. It's your call what you wanna try/swap/sell/crush, though :-)
Fred

Postby hillbilly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 am

Thanks fred. I think ill pass then. What car would be a good donor? I wanna gather parts for a daily driver/mild turbo build. mabey 150-175 hp. Thanks for your help man!!
hillbilly

Postby Fred » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:06 pm

fe3 on 3 to 6psi with a small oem turbo from another 2 litre would give you that, and more reliability than the standard engine ever had too.
Fred

Postby hillbilly » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Well, today I went and looked at the car and heard it run. It sounds good, the car has 91k on it and the redline was something like 6500. I reved it to about 5000 all sounded well. I under stand that the motor is a bit small for my truck. However, i'm new to turbos I have never owned or driven one before. I set the deal up for the week after next. They bring me the car and take away my junk!! The car has a factory intercooler and, as I get the whole car I can remove all the wiring and computer stuff. BTW fred thanks for the site.

HILLBILLY
hillbilly

Postby Fred » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 am

OK, cool, I look forward to your build thread, it's most welcome here! :-) And you're most welcome for the site, it was LONG overdue...
Fred

Postby hillbilly » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:53 pm

Hey guys, I got the car home. Got the motor out and
I have a cracked exhuast mani :cry: and there is some
play in the turbo, That is, if I push on one of the "impellers"
there is a little movement. I didnt hear the manifold leak
when I started it.
Mon or Tue I get a mazda miata 1.6 trans for 100$us.
That sounded cheap enough for me. After that
and before I decide what im going to do about the
turbo I gotta figure out what ign. system I can use.
this is where im going to need ALOT of help. Because
im not "to keen"on this aspect. What should I research?
On a side note, I may be getting a 1972 ford courier.
if I do it will get the 'lil 1.6"
Thanks again daniel
hillbilly

Postby hillbilly » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:44 pm

O.K. I'm selling the b6t...and I'm getting a BP outta a miata. I get motor, trans and wiring for 600 usd. Its got the crank sensor and NO dizzy. I may keep the b6t it is a neat lil motor for a future progect!!

O'ya, Have y'all seen the 2011 kia turbocharged optima? Is that FE3?

I look forward to hearing what you guys/gals think of this! The reason im useing the bp is 2 fold, 1 its cheap 2 alot of aftermarket parts.
hillbilly

Postby lundgren420 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consiquences. :lol:
lundgren420

Return to B-Series Utes