Front Coolant Pipe Options

Mazda B2000, B2200, B2600 and Ford Courier, all years, how to make a truck really move and really smooth.

Front Coolant Pipe Options

Postby Fred » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:40 am

When I built my truck, I didn't know that some trucks came with alloy front pipes that point forward. I also didn't know that these were compatible with the FE-DOHC block. When I was in the USA I spotted these pipes while looking around the junk yards there, found a mint one, and brought it home to NZ. I thought I'd share some pictures here of the stock pipe, my modified stock pipe, and my new slightly modified alloy front pipe. The alloy pipe is not only better flowing, but also significantly lighter, and factory made to work in a RWD application, in summary, perfect! I recommend the alloy pipe to any RWD conversion including mx5s and rx7s and anything else that needs the coolant coming off the front, not facing backwards.

Pics here soon!

Fred.
Fred

Re: Front Coolant Pipe Options

Postby Fred » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Tonight, over a beer or two, I sat down and filed off all the high spots, seams, casting marks, injection points, etc, and removed some excess material around the heater tube end. It's looking good, and pretty soon I'll get my sandpaper and get it buffed up really nice :-) Lots of detailed pics taken, as per always :-)

I'll upload them "soon".

Fred.
Fred

Postby Born_Disturbed » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:30 am

what did you grab it off man?
Born_Disturbed

Postby Fred » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:16 pm

F2 12v utes have it, as do F2 8v utes in the usa. Unsure what else.

I weighed it yesterday, with my minor mods, 350grams, compared to 600 for a stock U shaped FE-DOHC pipe! Not a bad little saving, esp in front of the front axle.
Fred

Postby andymccauley » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:13 pm

i always wondered y u had that pipe running from the back of the block to the front. makes sense now tho. since the thermo is in the back of the block on the over seas FE like the F2Ts over here
andymccauley

Postby Fred » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:33 am

The pipe from the back deserves another thread to discuss, I'll start it now.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18
Fred

Return to B-Series Utes