[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
FE-DOHC.org • View topic - OEM Exhaust Manifold Variants

OEM Exhaust Manifold Variants

ITBs and Extractors, what a beautiful sound!

Re: OEM Exhaust Manifold Variants

Postby Fred » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:03 pm

lunde, is the f8 one different to the two fe3 ones?

As for cracking, it comes down to heat/cool cycles and geometry/design. Regardless of the material, if the design isn't good, it can/will tear itself apart. I'm not saying it's bad, just saying :-)
Fred

Postby tcanin00 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:02 am

That makes sense. I wouldn't say that the cast manifold is all that good, either. I'll be pulling the engine soon and weld it while its apart.
tcanin00

Postby matt89glturbo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 am

These are the best pics I have of mine, it's the steeper runner design, but if I understand it, there are 2 versions of VICS, and mine is the dumber of the 2...so some of them have a feed for the chamber above the VICS valves (like inside the gasket)

Either way...was off a low CR '88 auto engine...not sure if it was wagon or AWD or anything, but pretty good I think that I could pick out the year on one I imported to America, and the flex was still bolted to it, so def an auto...

so yeah, is there a way to move this to the intake thread? had them both open in diff tabs, and ended up in the wrong one...
Attachments
upper chamber.jpg
inside the chamber in the upper plenum
upper chamber.jpg (33.46 KiB) Viewed 11842 times
runner top.jpg
looking down at the vics valves and runners
runner top.jpg (40.48 KiB) Viewed 11842 times
gasket installed.jpg
with the gasket set in place
gasket installed.jpg (39.54 KiB) Viewed 11842 times
matt89glturbo

Postby tcanin00 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Interesting pics. How is the VICS operated? Vacuum or electronically? I have VICS on the US Market Kia Sportage fe3. I haven't taken apart the manifold.
tcanin00

Postby lundgren420 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:18 am

Vacuum solenoid and it wont be on the kia motor from factory.
Last edited by lundgren420 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consiquences. :lol:
lundgren420

Postby tcanin00 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Ok, thanks for the correction. I thought the Kia version had VICS because of the plenum style intake and how the engine is pretty flat on the RPM range until exact 3,000 RPM. The tech site I've been getting repair info from doesn't show in detail the inside of the lower intake.
tcanin00

Postby lundgren420 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:53 pm

F8-DOHC manifold variant.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consiquences. :lol:
lundgren420

Previous

Return to NA Manifolds